SWEDISH MASSAGE GLASGOW
OPEN 12.00 PM – 8:00 PM
WEDNESDAY – SUNDAY
1061 Argyle Street, First Floor, The Hive, Glasgow G3 8LZ
Located in trendy Finnieston by Argyle Street in The Hive building across from Lebowskis and CustomInc – conveniently located just 5 minutes from the Exhibition Centre Train Station and 10 minutes from Charing Cross
Deserved Massage Glasgow
So…what is a Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is a classic ‘western style’ massage. Our masseuses perform techniques designed to enhance your circulation, relieve muscle tension and to help you unwind. Swedish massage combines lighter strokes on more tender and sensitive parts of the body combined with deeper work where there is greater musculature. At Deserved Massage, our therapists have many years of experience and can tailor a Swedish massage to your needs. It is important to let your therapists know if you have any problematic or sensitive areas so that they can adjust the pressure they use ensuring your massage leaves you feeling soothed, calm and relaxed.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
Besides the calming benefits, Swedish massage:
- Enhances circulation and blood oxygen levels
- Helps promote better sleep by improving circadian sleep rhythms
- Improves muscle tone
- Decreases toxin count in the muscle cells by promoting lymphatic drainage
- Improves serotonin production creating a more balanced mindset
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
- Stimulates the skin giving it a healthy glow, encouraging healthy oil production
- Reduces coristol levels (hormone related to stress)
Why choose us for your Swedish Massage in Glasgow?
- All of our Swedish Massage Therapists are full qualified, insured and are very experienced.
- Our Massage Therapist will tailor your Swedish Massage to suit you – there are no set routines at Deserved Massage Glasgow.
- Swedish Massage is available Wednesday – Sunday 12pm – 8pm
- You can book your Swedish Massage online 24/7
- We have a superb location in Finnieston – right next to Charing Cross and the Exhibition Centre Train Stations.
Techniques Used in Swedish Massage
These include: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, percussion, vibration, effleurage, and shaking motions. The usual sequence of techniques are:
- Effleurage: Gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips
- Petrissage: Kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Friction: Circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Vibration: Oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body
- Percussion: Brisk hacking or tapping
How to prepare best for your Swedish massage
- Drinks lots of water before and after your massage
- When you arrive, take a seat in our waiting area and focus on slowing your breathing
- Have a think what areas of your body carry pain or tension
- Discuss these areas with our therapist when invited in – share with them any areas of tension, how much pressure you like and what type of massage you want
- Our therapist will give you time to undress: leave underwear on (bras at your discretion). There is a screened area for you to leave/hang your clothes.
- Lie face down on the bed under the towel, place your face in the headrest and relax
- If you are too hot or too cold, please let our therapists know
- Make sure you are comfortable, remember to breathe and enjoy it!
- Over the next 48 hours, any areas of tension which have been worked on may be tender. Drink lots of water and avoid strenous activity.
“Very friendly staff and a seriously great massage. Heated table was a bonus! Left floating”
“It was my first ever massage and didn’t know what to expect. Janice put me at my ease and carried out her magic, I left relaxed and able to bend as I had an issue with my lower back. Thank you. I will be back on a regular basis”
“A lovely quiet place which is hard to find these days and wonderful technique.”
“I must admit this was one of my best massages I ever had… and I am ‘the fussy one’!”
Service was excellent, quick and easy to book. The massage was fantastic and the masseuse was very friendly. Will definitely use again!